Pages

Friday 26 August 2011

The Fires of Pompeii - Sybilline Sisterhood Inspiration

I was playing around with make-up and eyeliner the other day, when inspiration struck: the Sybilline Sisterhood from the Doctor Who episode, The Fires of Pompeii. The Fires of Pompeii is one of my favorite new episodes, mainly because of the Sisterhood and their arcane demeanor.

Karen Gillan, shown above, now plays Amy Pond.

As many of you know, I love photography. Most of my photography and art does not end up on here - the only things that do are directly related to Trek/Who. I did, however, take some self portraits that were inspired by, and not a recreation of, those of the Sybilline Sisterhood.

It's me! Oh, the excitement!
You can't tell from the picture, but underneath those fingers I have pointy eyebrows - I was doing a make-up test for tomorrow. What is happening tomorrow? International Cosplay Day! I will be dressing as a Vulcan High Priestess, because cosplay doesn't have to be about anime.

1 comment: